Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010!

Well, another Christmas has come and gone. It is unbelievable to me how quickly time passes! I think my kids got many things they wanted and many other things that were surprises to them. One of their favorite things they received was their first pet! They got a Hamster cage, a gift card to Pet Smart, and a note from Santa explaining the whole thing.

We spent Christmas Eve at home focusing on Jesus, watching The Nativity Story (LOVE this movie!), and eating fondue. Fondue became our new tradition when we moved to Owensboro. When you are not "local" to family, you are forced to begin your own traditions. You know what? I really enjoy our low-key Christmas Eve that is focused on Christ and each other. It is my favorite day of the year!

Of course, Christmas morning with 4 kids is always fun. I love watching their faces brighten as they shake the boxes and realize that what is inside is possibly exactly what they asked for. It is so magical and amazing when you are a child! I love the bedhead and jammies on Christmas morning pictures!


Here is Jamie playing "Just Dance" on the Wii. He was so proud that he beat them. Typical Daddy from my experience! I'm so glad you feel great about yourself beating a 4 year old:-)
And, I got new slippers and the kids got Bendaroos. Need I say more?
So, today we went to the mall with money burning in our pockets. We explained to them that they really got plenty of toys and that they may buy other things with their money if they wish. I thought it was really funny that my kids were walking around the mall perfectly happy to buy clothes and such. Micah even said, "I really like this new outfit! Is that weird?" I told him that it certainly wasn't. I explained to him that in a few years, all he'll be wanting for Christmas is shoes, clothes, music, and electronics. My kids are growing up!

We went to the Pet Smart and loaded up on Hamster supplies and picked out our newest little family member. It was hard to get a good picture, because he was exploring his new home. He is very cute, I must say. He is "Robo Hamster" and suppose to be about 3 inches long. He is TEENY. He looks like a little ball when he is wadded up asleep. We got a male, so we are certain that we won't wake up and have more hamsters. His name is "Nibble"
Jamie is off this week and now that Christmas is over, we can relax and just enjoy one another. I love his new job! It has many perks!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! :) The year went so fast for me, too. It was the first year that I didn't actually 'feel' the 365 days between Christmases. Ha!

Logan bought some clothes this year, too. :)

When I read that you were getting a hamster I thought, "Get a boy!" Haha! Annie got a girl a few years ago and found 7 babies 2 weeks later! No joke!

Happy New Year!
Katie

Buffy said...

Time flies when you are having fun!

I knew better than to get a girl. We had that happen with a pet rabbit once when I was young!

Nibble is pretty cute. His feet fly so quickly on the wheel that you literally cannot see them. HA!