Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010!

On one hand, I've never been so glad to see a year end! On the other, God has really been evident in our lives and that is an awesome thing to be a part of. 2010 has really been a roller coaster, but we are on the upswing and life is very good! Our trials and joys were big this year, but God is even bigger and for that, I'm so very thankful.

  • We've had to endure some trials that I never thought we'd have to go through, and that was unbelievably scary.
  • We've had people turn their backs on us (so called friends), and that was unbelievably lonely and hurtful.
  • The ministry that we had loved for 12 years came to a screeching halt, and we mourned that for a good while.
  • We were without our own home for almost 4 months.
But it is so much better to focus on the things that GOD has done during those trials! We are on the other side and while I still look back and cry. I'm glad to say that it is not daily anymore. And the tears are not always tears of sorrow and sadness. I have tears well up when I think of all that HE has done. It is hard not to! God took care of us. He always does, but through these trials, God held us and just took us from one point to another (even when we couldn't think straight). He provided!

2010 has been full of blessings:
  • We bought a new home. After 16 years of marriage, we finally were able to buy a home!
  • We found a new church home and we are teaching again. The atmosphere is different than any I've ever been a part of and it is just what we needed when we needed it. I've learned so much the past few months.
  • Jamie got a new job that he loves. It was provided so that Jamie never really missed a week of work! How amazing is that!
  • My kids are thriving in homeschool! It is a lot of work, but it is worth it. It is a growing passion of mine and something that I take very seriously in my life. I'm back to teaching in a way that I never thought I would be. I think I've learned just as much as the kids.
We are in many different places than we were at the beginning of the year. I never suspected most of these changes, but what sweet surprises God had in store for us. I ponder the things that happened to us in 2010 and I know that God took us there to bring us here. I think sometimes we have to endure the storm to appreciate the rainbow at the end.

With all that said, I welcome 2011 in our lives! Whatever it brings, I know that God will be by our side.

No comments: