Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Came Early in the Hughes House!

Ok, so this has nothing to do with Christmas, but it sure did make my day! We've been staring at this monstrosity of a chandelier since August. It is huge and tacky and horribly dated. I'm sure it was rocking in 1972, but that sure was a long time ago and it was time for an update. And, really, I just don't see how this very formal "fancy" chandelier ever went in an eat-in kitchen, but I digress. Here it is:

It kind of reminds me of some kind of sea creature or something. It also had pineapples in the middle of it. It is just wrong in so many ways!

Here is the nice fresh update! My wonderful husband put it up yesterday. So much better and updated!



I think I stared at it all day yesterday! It is so much better in so many ways including the light it puts off! I love seeing our home transform!

Today, my kids are watching Santa across the globe on the Norad Radar. So much fun and educational too. We are resting a bit right now and tonight we are having our annual fondue dipping fun! I'm so thankful to be spending our first Christmas in our new home! Jamie is off until January 3rd and my kids are full of excitement. Life doesn't get much better!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Merry Christmas you all!! I hope you had a great day!

Katie