Friday, February 18, 2011

As Promised!


Here is the picture of my little cheerleader wanna be. Isn't she cute with that toothless smile? The little participants did a cheer in between ball games last weekend at Calloway. She was the cutest girl up there, for sure! I'm only a tiny bit biased.

My kids have been enjoying this gorgeous weather that we have been blessed with. It is hard to believe there was over 8 inches of snow on the ground last week. They have been taking full advantage of it. Let's face it, it is only February and there is more winter left:-(

We have started a new chore system around here. It is still in the prototype stage and too soon to tell. I can say that my house stay cleaned all day yesterday without me having to nag. I don't expect them to be perfect, but I do expect them to pitch in their part. Especially since we are here all the time now. We'll see what happens when the novelty wears off.

I'm so very thankful that this week we are feeling much more ourselves. Last week was not fun for us and Jamie is still not 100% with his eating, but he is getting there, at least. None of the kids got whatever horrible flu/virus I picked up either, so that is always good. When it rains, it pours!

On another note, John got offered a job at MCU and he and Jamie will be working together. Not even 2 weeks after their beautiful daughter came into this world either. It makes me smile to think of all the blessings abound that they are getting to enjoy! A lot of fresh starts in their lives that they have waited a long time for. God is so good and it is amazing to see and we are so happy for them. It was so funny to see Jamie so nervous for the interview outcome. Jamie loves working for MCU and I hope that John is just as blessed while working there! I know they probably want to pinch themselves right about now:-)

Jamie's mother is still suffering from eye issues, so we are remembering to pray for her. The kids are so sweet with their daily prayers. Their prayers are often very similar from day to day, but I know that God hears those sweet little voices. They never forget to pray for "Baby Leah", Nana's eye, Bosco, Granny Dot, and as of late Uncle John's new job, Aunt Rachel to feel better after surgery. It makes me smile on the inside to listen to their heavenly conversations.

And, just for the record, I'm researching my booty off for next year's curriculum, because we are headed to the Land of Elvis in exactly 2 weeks for that convention and some good times. Can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

We have a chore system here at our house too. :)

Katie

Anonymous said...

Tell them thanks so much for the prayers.
Nana