Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day 2011

I remember back in the dating day, how important this day would have been. Getting roses, balloons, candy, or a stuffed animal was enough to make me feel like I was very lucky. But now, Jamie and I have sort of dropped this holiday off of our "important" list. I did get the kids a York Peppermint Patty (this is one of our favorite "check out line" treats), V-day pencils, and silly bands though. We had a party with the homeschool group at the bowling alley. The girls got pretty little Valentine cards and Micah got to bowl with some of his friends. They got to fill up on too many sweets and even play outside a bit this afternoon due to the warmer weather. It was a nice day, but Jamie has class tonight, so it will be a boring night after the kids go to bed:-)

I have many Loves in my life. My home is full of love. Jamie is my very best friend and what started out as puppy love grew very slowly to what it is today. We are stronger than ever! I simply can't imagine my life with anybody else. He works very hard to provide for us, loves me even when I probably don't deserve it, is a fantastic Daddy, encourages me, and tells me that I'm beautiful even when I don't feel like it.

I have 4 beautiful children. I am watching them grow into smart and funny little people with their own individuality and personalities. Being a mommy is one of the purest loves one can realize this side of heaven. My kids may get tired of seeing my face all the time, but I never tire of seeing theirs.

I have the love of Christ in my heart and he is a member of our family. This is a love that I'll never fully grasp until I die. I see time and time again where he has taken care of us before we even realized we needed help. I'll never quite understand what Christ went through for us, but I sure am thankful for him.

So, while Valentine's day may not hold the same meaning as it did 20 years ago with flowers and candy, I know that I don't need those things in order to realize how blessed I am and how much love I have around me.

No comments: