Monday, June 27, 2011

Big Room Reveal!

For the past month, we've been busy working on our living room, kitchen, and hallway. It is an open floor plan where it is essentially 1 room. It was a huge job and took about a month to complete. I still haven't gotten my family pictures up (maybe this week...they still need to be moved!), but wanted to go ahead and post my "before and after" pictures.

These before pictures were made the day after we moved. We didn't have furniture moved yet. You'll see in the "after" photos that my furniture is brown, so I referred to our living space for the past 10 months as the "brown cave"....depressing! Hello 1972...





After:


Yes the fruit is real. My mother asked me a while ago where I got my fruit and I guess I looked confused and said, "the grocery store." She thought it was fake. Nope...we just eat a lot of fruit!



This is a good representation of the color on the walls. I'm not a photographer, so excuse my poor quality pictures:-) The color seems "off" in most of these photos to me.

I finally found this rug on Saturday for a great price! It fits in perfectly and covers the entire room, which was my goal.
I also found these metal words this weekend. I love how simple they are, yet it represents the 2 things that are closest to our hearts. The kitchen ended up being a huge job by painting the cabinets, but I don't regret it a bit. It was worth the effort and really brightened up this space. I even spray painted the handles to match my decor and update them a bit. The bottom cabinets are a shade darker than the tops.

This piece of furniture was my grandmother's and I haven't the heart to paint it. So, I bought some scrapbook paper and double sided tape. Viola! A fresh new look that I can easily change out if I tire of it for around $3! Oh look there is 1 lonely picture there that got packed in a different box than its friends:-)
My sad little hallway just begging for some family photos! Maybe I'll update again once I get them hung.

This was some art/photography from Rachel that I received 2 Christmases ago. It never made it to Owensboro, because our van was overloaded with gifts, and then we ended up moving a few months later. So, it is just now up on the wall, but it looks beautiful and we love it!


A close up of our new backsplash:


I have 1 more room to go and I'm starting it today (I hope). It is just the utility room, so should be a cake walk in comparison.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I can't wait to see it.
Pat

julie said...

Beautiful home! You all do great work! Lovely.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Julie! We have been very blessed!~Buffy