Saturday, July 9, 2011

Nothing exciting

I haven't blogged in a little bit. Really things have been kind of ordinary and unexciting around here, I suppose. There is nothing wrong with normal life and it is far from dull with 4 kids running around and a house project in the midst, but nothing blog worthy going on.

We are in the final stages of the utility room redo. I've painted my last wall and laid my last floor! I'm in the poly stage of the floor, which is mostly easy peasy and just a lot of waiting around for it to dry and cure.

There are a few little details that need to be completed after the floors cure next week, but as of this time next week, everything in this house will be complete. We won't discuss the garage that looks a bit like Sanford and Son. Jamie did take all the old carpet and dried paint cans to the dump though, which helps tremendously! At least I can close the door and pretend that the mess doesn't exist on that job.

So, I guess next week, we'll have our final before and after pictures. Of course, it is just a functional room and nothing exciting, but I'm very excited, because that means our house is completely redone!!!

Our summer is going by quicker than I like, but I'm also ready for a routine again. We will begin another year on August 1st:-)

No comments: