Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Abigail Renee!

Today marks Abbi's double digit birthday that is such a milestone. I can hardly believe it! She was born 5 weeks early and I remember clearly when they held her up for me to see, they put her little face up to my mine for me to give her a quick kiss before they whisked her off. She proved herself to be strong and a fighter during this time and she still is.

She is all girl in many ways. She loves glitter, dresses, playing dolls, and pink. However, she has outgrown the use of hairbows, can kick butt on the soccer field, get knocked down and get right back up, and pretty rough in tumble in a lot of ways. She is the best of both worlds and is turning into a girl with a good head on her shoulders!

She looks a lot like I did much to her dismay. My once shy little girl has turned into a social butterfly that can go up to anybody and become instant friends. She has a knack of even making the shy kids talk to her and will go over and sit by the child that is sitting alone even if that means leaving her friends. This is something that has been amazing to see. I always thought this little girl would be clinging to my legs when we were out in public and here she is outshining me!! Amazing!

Today she is 10! We are taking off from school, eating pizza, dirt cake, and opening presents. Jamie works this evening, and it is cold, but we will find something to get our hands into:-)

We had an early birthday celebration due to Jamie's work schedule.



1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy birthday Abbi! I hope she had a wonderful day! :)

Katie