Saturday, November 12, 2011

Daddy's Tombrock


Yesterday my Mama, Davida, and I spent all day looking at tombrocks. I don't think any of us realized how many details and decisions went into this decision. It was a bit overwhelming, but I think the final result will be beautiful and a wonderful representation of my Daddy. I think the man that designed it captured my Daddy's essence in a very special way. The rock will be black and a slanted type (wider at the base, and narrow at the top like a triangle).

The picture above is what the rock will look like. The top is the back of it with a deer, 4 wheeler, tobacco barn, squirrel, and woods. Perfect! My Daddy was the happiest outside, hunting, gardening, and of course on his 4 wheeler. Davida and I are represented on the back as well. The front is the picture at the bottom. It is more traditional to allow the black stone to shine through. We did add "G-Mama" and "G-Daddy" to again represent the grandkids in their lives.

I think it is perfect and I can't wait to see it when it arrives.

No comments: